Thursday, July 27, 2006

07-27-2006 - Just a quick update on things...


E-mailed the issue with the tach to Dakota Digital and I will wait and see what the response turns out to be. Flash dropped off an Excell distributor that I'm going to canabalize and see if that fixes the problem with the tach. As you can see in the picture below I did get the tach to move, but it wasn't really related to engine RPM, but it seemed to reflect voltage (but that's just a guess).

I drove the car to work on Tuesday the 25th. The carbuerator was a bit too lean and needed to be adjusted and maybe the timing, too. On the other hand, the PCV valve seemed to make a good improvement and the oil leaks seem to have diminished to a great extent! That's awesome news! I took some of the people at the office for a drive in the new car... I think they enjoyed it, quite a bit... and I know that I did...

Meanwhile, Flash has been plugging along on the 914. He found that brake pressure would leak-off while pressing the pedal. After closer inspection he found one of the brake hoses had a hole and he replaced it - viola, no more spongy brakes! Today, he asked me to pick up an Optima battery for the 914 to prevent any more rust being caused by the battery. The hell-hole in this car has it's issues, but it's not too bad, and he would like to keep it that way.

No comments: