Thursday, September 14, 2006

A bit off topic...



Here are some pictures of my current project. It's not the 930 V8, but hey, it's all good. The top picture is how the Beetle looked about a week ago, since then all of the fenders and trim are completely removed and a lot more sanding has been done. The bottom picture shows the car when it arrived about two weeks and a couple of days ago. The middle picture was a test to see how the car looked in primer (which is the color I plan to paint it - semi-gloss black). It has some rust on the body (just behind the side glass on the passenger side) that goes all the way through, and the fenders are beat. On the plus side, the car runs good and drives great. If all goes well the body should be sanded and sealed/primed tomorrow, but a lot of work needs to happen tonight before that can be... That will leave the fenders, hood and engine lid to sand and seal. Once I have all of the surface rust under control (my main goal right now), the plan is to cut and replace the rusted sections of the body with some help from my friends (I trust thier welding ability much more than my own).

No comments: