Monday, July 17, 2006

06-07-2006 - 07-04-2006 - The Shipment of the car...


On June 7th, James started working to find a shipping company and he found a really good deal (maybe it was too good). On the 8th we descided on the company ("Fleet United Auto Transport") and James got the order for shipment in the queue. Through some fault the pickup wasn't scheduled to start until June the 14th, and then it was supposed to take 1 to 8 business days for pickup and another 3 to 5 days for the shipment to arrive. That sounded good, and so we waited and we called, and we waited and we called. Then we waited some more and called some more. And we became frustrated and 8 business days past the 14th passed and still we waited. And we called and we talked and we got the run around, and we got mis-informaiton and still we got nothing. So, at the end of it all we gave them $150 for processing our order and I finally ended up borrowing my brother's truck and trailer and spending 39 hours on the road with some close friends to pick up the car. Thanks for nothing "Fleet". I'm in-debted to Sean and John for ever for going with me on the road-trip from hell - but I have to admit that I had a lot of fun (except for the lack of sleep!). Also thanks to Flash for letting me borrow his truck/trailer, and thanks to James for helping us get out of Savanha.

No comments: