Monday, July 17, 2006

07-04-2006 - 07-05-2006 - The trip home...


When we left for home with the car in-tow around 2PM CST (that's a guess), almost everyone had been awake for nearly 24 hours and starting to feel the effects. We plowed on through the night, and took turns sleeping in the back of the truck. Around 10pm on July 4th, I pulled in to buy some fireworks at these massive fireworks warehouses in the Smokey Mountains. As luck would have it, they were having a fireworks display and so we relaxed for a few minutes and celebrated our independence with some fellow Americans. It was a well needed break from the road, and we all enjoyed the chance to stretch our legs and take in the view.

All too soon the fireworks were over and we were back on the road toward Arkansas. It would rain sporadically. I remember at one point I awoke to the sound of rain, but I didn't see any water on the windshield. I asked John if it was raining. He said, "No, it's bugs." Everyone took their turn at the wheel, and it was difficult to keep going, but around 1PM the next day we rolled into Blue Eye.

John and Sean went home for some well deserved rest, while I spent a couple hours with my brother examining and discussing the new car. Around 3PM we unloaded the car at the shop, Flash left for work and I promptly took a shower and hit the sack.

No comments: