Friday, April 10, 2009

(04-09-2009) More work on the wheels.


Spent a little time finishing the rim of one of the wheels for the Beetle. In the picture you can see an example of before and after. Didn't have much time to devote last night, but it looks a little better. I think it's passable for the Beetle.

I also got all of the information I need from the old '31 truck to order fuel system parts. Bob at marxparts called me this morning and helped get the order together. Great place to find your vintage Chevy replacement parts. If things go well, this may be enough parts to get the engine up and running completely. Bob informed me that the engine block was a 1930 (January 10th, 1930 if the casting numbers are correct). Bob is a wealth of knowledge on these old engines. He really amazed me with knowledge of each year's changes to the engines.

No comments: